Safe to say Myspace is dead?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MySpace Dead? Not so fast!

Post by macousticboy on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:17 am

No I would say such is not the case. 1st off, MySpace is still getting about 30 Million hits a month. They pretty much plateaued after Newscorp (thankfully) sold them off. Specific Media, which is a growing state-of-the-art company has bought MySpace. Do a search for them or set it up to get Google alerts. You will be surprised. Their video ad division is 2nd only to Youtube for views. They boast of the largest music video collection in the world and the only company that has a contract with all for major record labels. Finally, Justin Timberlake is investing in them. It could be that upon their rel-launch in 2012, that they will surprise everyone. It's still a great place for indie bands and much better for music than Facebarf.

macousticboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Safe to say Myspace is dead?

Post by macousticboy on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:20 am

AND one other point: MySpace is one of only 2 websites that currently offer a free online dating service! (HoverSpot is the other one.)

macousticboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by macousticboy on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:35 pm

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/T4V2MP6DHVKR3GBH9

You can still get on there and search for friends under age, gender, physical characteristics, locale, etc for free and there is no limit to how many you can add as long as the are 16+. And there is no charge, so by virtue of that fact, MySpace is a free dating site.

I still get messages from real people in comments. The email spam has died down from what it was before. They finally fixed the popup music player, although they took autoplay away. Boo-hoo I use an embedded player from SoundClick:

http://myspace.com/kevinwaynesongs

It's kinda fun. Quiet since the hoopla has died down some. Reminds me of taking summer classes at college. It's like you got the whole place to yourself!

All I can say is, "if" Specific Media can apply their smarts to MySpace that they have elsewhere, it should be fine.

macousticboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top